- keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
- helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- tones muscles and builds strength
- provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming.
BestrentNJ.com Edison residents at Edison Woods, Edison Woods Senior 55+, Edison Village, Blueberry Village, & Rivendell Heights are invited to mosey on down to any one of these 5 swimming pools that follow standards set by the state so that they can continue to safely operate during the summer re-emergence from the pandemic. (Click this link to visit the New Jersey State Department of Health page for public recreational bathing.)
Metuchen Municipal Pool: After being closed for the 2020 season, the Metuchen Municipal Pool is now open for 2021.
Oakcrest Community Pool, YMCA of Edison, Metuchen: The Oakcrest Community Pool is a popular destination for families.
Five Star Swim School: The Five Star Swim School is known for swimming lesson and kiddie pool parties.
The Lake at Cheesequake State Park: There is a beautiful lake inside the park with a beach and swimming area with lifeguards.
Crystal Spring Family Waterpark: This is the first municipal waterpark located in East Brunswick, New Jersey.
Each pool may have its own particular Covid-19 restrictions and it would make sense to inquire before packing up the kids and speedos!
Visit BestrentNJ.com’s Apartment Locator page where the Garden State’s outstanding residential properties can always be found.